Catholic Charities Shikles Center
The Catholic Charities Network in Jefferson City is transforming the Shikles Center from a storage space to a center that provides food, healthcare, housing counseling and other services to those affected by Mid-Missouri’s May 2019 tornado. Project details include:
- MESA financing: The Catholic Charities Network will take advantage of a six year managed energy service agreement to finance this project. Under this agreement a third party investor will fund all construction and maintenance, benefiting from the tax credit incentives in exchange. As a result the Shikles Center will benefit from the systems installed and energy savings with no upfront costs. After six years the project can be bought by the Catholic Charities Network or acquired by another investor.
- On-site power generation: The solar carport installed above the new parking lot will provide renewable, on-site power for the Shikles Center, allowing them to be less reliant on the electric grid.
- Efficient heating & cooling: The Shikles Center will take advantage of efficiency heating and cooling, lower operations costs and improved comfort with the installation of a geothermal heat pump and a variable refrigerant volume (VRV) combo system.
- Smart building management: Facility management can be a challenge for some nonprofits who don’t have a facility manager within their organization. Our team will install a building automation system (BAS)(lowercase) to overcome this. The BAS will use advanced building management algorithms, data-driven insights and machine learning to efficiently managed when solar power and heating and cooling systems are utilized.
- Community impact: Once this project is completed, the Shikles Center will be able to help many people in need in and around Jefferson City. The solar carport installed will also serve the community by reducing grid stress in the area.
- Job creation: EnergyLink will be employing construction team members from around the area to install the solar carport, geo loop VRV system and building automation system.