As of June 2018, commercial and non-profit organizations can now take advantage of new energy rebates provided by Xcel Energy. Here’s some important information your organization should consider if you’re interested in being more sustainable.
- Solar (RECs)
- Controls, sensors
- Air conditioners
- Energy management
- LED lighting
Xcel Energy Rebate Amount & Key Details:
Recommissioning: 75% of cost, up to $25,000
Whole Building/Customer Efficiency Rebates: $400/kW+$0.04/kWh
Xcel Energy offers rebate programs for Colorado commercial and industrial customers for various energy efficiency technologies, such as heating and cooling, lighting, refrigeration, etc. Xcel will cover at least part of the cost of the assessment in addition to the equipment and installation rebates. Xcel Energy can also connect businesses to third-party lending institutions for financing purposes.
Colorado electric business customers can earn rebates of $3 to $75 per lamp or fixture when they upgrade T12 fluorescent systems to LEDs. There are seven ways a business can lower lighting costs and earn valuable rebates:
- Lighting retrofit rebates that will offset the cost of installing new and more efficient lighting.
- New construction lighting rebates for renovated facilities with energy efficient equipment.
- Business LED instant rebate is available on ENERGY STAR-qualified, screw-in LED bulbs and LED retrofit fixture screw-in downlights that are purchased from participating distributors.
- Advanced lighting controls rebates offset the costs of new, efficient and more advanced lighting.
- Custom efficiency lighting rebates are available for energy savings lighting projects that aren’t included in the prescriptive rebate program. This can include unique equipment that are tailored to a specific facility.
- Small business lighting is available for existing small and mid-sized facilities that have a peak demand of 400kW or less.
The lighting rebates can cut costs and monthly energy bills, shortening payback periods significantly. Aside from costs and savings a business can improve lighting quality and workplace environment.
Upgrading cooling equipment can help your business see annual savings in energy costs. Xcel energy offers rebates that can help lower up-front costs and speed up payback period of an energy efficient project. Businesses can earn fixed rebates for purchasing qualifying energy-efficient equipment such as chillers, direct evaporative pre-coolers, and electronically commutated motors. Cooling equipment that are not eligible for a prescriptive rebate may still qualify for a customer rebate. Qualified projects can earn up to $400/kW saved.
A Colorado business natural gas customer can earn 50% bonus rebates on qualifying gas heating efficiency upgrades. The limit on the gas rebates has increased from 60% to 75% of total equipment and labor costs, adding more savings.
With so many rebates available, the cost of energy efficiency projects will no longer be a barrier for a business to become more sustainable. The demand for energy efficiency has been growing nationwide due to significant energy savings that comes with sustainable business practices. IF your business is in Colorado, you can start taking advantage of energy rebates to offset project costs and enjoy annual savings as well as short payback periods.
Xcel Energy offers a solar rewards program for customers who have installed solar onto their facility. This program purchases the RECs (Renewable Energy Credits) from the customer, as utilities are required to have a certain percentage of their energy generated from renewable energy. This program purchases each kWh produced from the array for the next 20 years.
Contact EnergyLink to Learn More
If you are an Xcel Energy customer and you would like to learn more about rebates for your energy improvement projects, please give us a call at (866) 214-0380. EnergyLink is a trade partner with Xcel Energy’s Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Programs.