The idea of automation is getting more and more popular these days. It can be used in almost every aspect of our life, and could significantly improve our living standard if we use it appropriately.
So, let’s talk about automation today and discuss some of its benefits across industries.
Automation means automatic controls of a working process. With it, things that used to be controlled by humans can by done by machines. One thing that is constantly connected to it is the robot. Yes, in many cases, automation process is controlled by robots. These robots can be a building automation system, an AI program in the computer, a robotic arm in a factory, or even an actual robot running around.
Benefits of Automation:
Since automation can be achieved in almost every industry, today’s blog is going to talk about its benefits in general.
- Increased efficiency: unlike humans, automated machines can operate day and night. They don’t need to eat, drink, or sleep. Therefore, the work efficiency can be significantly improved when adopting this process.
- Reduced risk: even conducting simple, repetitive tasks, people tend to get tired after 20 minutes. Without appropriate breaks between work, it is easy for humans to make mistakes, especially if they are doing boring, repetitive work. However, automation can free them from these tasks. And thus, reduce the risk of making unnecessary mistakes when workers get tired.
- Training employees to do higher-level jobs: in fact, freeing employees from their current tasks does not necessarily mean taking their jobs away. Instead, many companies can train them to do more advanced jobs, like operating the machines, which will help employees gain more value.
- Make the company more competitive: when its employees can conduct more advanced work and machines fulfill the basic work requirement, the company can create more value in a shorter period of time. Therefore, automation can make the company more competitive compared to other similar companies.
- Focus on innovation: according to Smart Sheet, “59% say they could save six or more hours a week if those tasks were automated.” With this extra time, employees can get together to solve higher-level problems, which can further improve the automation process and the value they bring to the company
On the other hand, automation is complicated. If the company doesn’t have enough tech people or money, it is not easy for it to adapt it. However, more people than ever before are putting effort into learning about automatic technology. These people have the potential to improve automation to make it better and cheaper. As a result, more people can enjoy the benefits of it in the future.