The Seventy-Six is an ambitious project in Albany, New York which is set to be the first ever triple net-zero development. This large complex will provide affordable low-income housing and commercial spaces with an upscale appearance. Notable aspects of the project include:
- Triple net-zero: Zero electric, water and waste consumption will be achieved with highly advanced architectural engineering throughout the complex’s structural, electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems.
- Huge solar output: The solar arrays installed are expected to output 2,750 MWh of solar, which will far exceed the energy the complex consumes and leave plenty of available energy for charging electric vehicles.
- Innovative energy technology: The complex is set to include rooftop and carport solar arrays, solar thermal technology and urban wind turbines for power generation. Heating and cooling systems will include borehole thermal energy storage, geothermal heat pumps, hydroelectric tech and energy efficient HVAC units. LED units will also be installed for maximum efficiency.
- Advanced Solar Implementation: Both monofacial and bifacial solar panels will be used on rooftop and carport arrays. In addition, solar thermal technology will be used for more efficient water heating.
- Efficiency focused: Batteries will be installed to store excess energy generated from solar and wind sources. An advanced building automation system will regulate stored energy, making it possible to achieve net zero electric.
- Large budget: The project is expected to use a budget of over $100 million.
- Well-funded: $10-20 million in US Department of Energy awards are expected for this project in addition to $5-10 million from the Green Innovation Grant program. Other funding sources like C-PACE may be utilized as well.
- Community impact: With 60-70% of the complex being devoted to low income housing and state of the art architectural design, the Seventy-Six is on course to provide an upscale living experience like never before for a crowded New York community.
The Seventy-Six at a glance...
Showcasing our value
Take a look at these case studies to see the results we produce. Get in touch below if you’re interested in learning how we can assist your corporation.